The SunRISE II Challenge deadline has been extended until April 2nd!
We are seeking innovative solutions that will reduce the Levelized Cost Of Energy (LCOE) for photovoltaic (PV) systems. The specific areas of interest include:
- Novel PV cell and module materials
- Improved module performance (higher efficiency via reduced LCOE) and durability
- Lower cost per watt ($/Wp)
- Reduction in maintenance costs
- Data analytics software and/or advanced sensors
- Timely fault detection and diagnosis in PV systems/ reduced operations and maintenance
- Analytics software that enables predictions of energy performance of PV systems
- Low -cost advanced sensors and power electronics
- Retrofit technologies that boost solar PV output/reduce O&M costs
- Retrofit solutions for existing modules such as anti-reflective and anti-soiling coatings
- Reduced operations and maintenance costs
- Softw are solutions for remote diagnosis and troubleshooting
The first SunRISE Challenge was conducted in 2016 and five early-stage companies were selected as winners to receive awards for a 6-month structured acceleration program at Greentown Labs and technical validation services from Fraunhofer CSE, culminating in venturing investments by DSM in 2 awardees – QD Solar and WattGlass – and several ongoing collaborations with DSM. Based on the success of the first SunRISE TechBridge Challenge, we are seeking further innovative solutions that will lower the LCOE for PV systems.
For more information, please visit our ELIGIBILITY page.
Selected teams are eligible to win one or more of the following awards:
- Up to $25,000 in technical validation services from the world-renowned Fraunhofer R&D network;
- Greentown Launch: 6 months structured acceleration program for solar start-ups at Greentown Labs including tools, products, and services;
- Partnership and/or a project with DSM;
- Potential venture funding from DSM Venturing.
For more information on the different awards and specific eligibility requirements, please visit our AWARDS page.
Ready to apply? Click the button below to be directed to our application portal. The deadline for applications is April 2nd.
Do you know someone who might be interested in this TechBridge Challenge? REFER A FRIEND.