To be considered eligible for all awards, applicants must:
- Submit their completed application through the online portal by April 2nd, 2017.
- Be available for telephone interviews and in-person site visits after the close of the application deadline.
- Disclose the status of any intellectual property (IP) relevant to your submission. Should you be selected as an awardee, your IP will be fully protected throughout the process.
- The estimated LCOE and time-to-market for the applicant's product or service will also be important for the selection process.
Certain technology areas will not be considered in scope for this Challenge, and these are as follows:
- Technologies with a projected time-to-market greater than 10 years
- Technologies related to Concentrator Photovoltaics (CPV)
- PID repair solutions
- Mounting systems
- Solutions that employ toxic ingredients and/or have an adverse effect on the environment
- Advanced cleaning methods and tools
For the first round of applications (“Round 1”), applicants will be evaluated based on the ability of their solution to reduce the LCOE of solar PV systems through innovations in PV cell and module materials, advanced sensors and data analytics, and retrofit solutions that boost power and reduce O&M costs of installed PV systems in the field.
Applications will be evaluated by DSM, Fraunhofer CSE, and Greentown Labs staff. Be aware that any information you provide in Round 1 of the application process must be non-confidential, as TechBridge may share information from applications with other Fraunhofer staff, DSM, or Greentown Labs as part of the selection process.
After the Round 1 evaluation of applications is complete, selected applicants will be invited to advance to Round 2. In Round 2, applicants are expected to discuss their technology and business model in much greater detail through written responses, and consequent Skype interviews. Applicants selected as finalists will advance to Round 3 and are expected to present at in-person interviews in Boston.
Any confidential information identified and disclosed by the applicants will be treated as such and will not be shared with DSM unless with specific permission.
An approximate timeline for the SunRISE II is as follows:
- Close of Round 1 application period: April 2nd, 2017
- Notification of selection for Round 2: Mid-April
- Round 2 application period: Late April to Early May
- Round 2 Skype interviews: Early May
- Notification of selection to Round 3 and Round 3 in-person interviews: End of May
- Awardee selection and launch of award programs: Early June